Monday, May 08, 2006

Counting myself in

No, today is not census day, but it is the day that I completed the census. A bit early. I may be jinxing it. Saying I may be jinxing it may be jinxing it.

Last Thursday we had the employee annual general meeting at work at the keynote speaker was Pinball Clemons. Here is the sum total of what I knew about him before walking into the room:

He has something to do with the Argonauts.
He's short.

I still don't know much more than that, and yet I do know what differentiates him from other rah-rah motivational speakers I've heard before: he actually may be real. I mean he just can't be that good of an actor. And I don't know that he cares enough about what other people think to bother trying to act. "We leave hope to the other team," he says. "We decide to win." Yes, it's a powerful thing to believe in yourself enough to realize that you simply need to decide to make your life count in order for it to happen.

To bad it's such a terrifying decision. And yet it seems all so simple I wonder why it's so scary.

This year I've already discovered that I'm an extrovert after years of believing I was an introvert.

What's next?

No comments: