Thursday, April 12, 2007

The case for spending more time in Walmart, or not

This afternoon I was in a giant Wally-world with my parents and my grandparents. You know what they say about herding cats? Yep, that’s how I felt. We were in the bathroom accessories section and 2 of my four companions felt the need to stress very strongly to me that what we needed to get right now, absolutely this moment, was socks. Sigh. Thank goodness the dog isn’t so demanding. Although I did wake up this morning with him hanging his head over mine and staring straight into my eyes, willing me to awaken, no doubt. If I could attribute some insight to him, he was likely cursing his lack of opposable thumbs and wanting the door open.

But back to Walmart. So I finally find the parents in the frozen food section and call out to them while simultaneously waving madly at Grandma further down in the condiments section. Just then, a nice, youngish looking guy walks buy with a friendly looking smirk and says “Lose someone?”. I replied “A couple of people, actually,” and smiled back. Then he disappeared. Oh my god, there might have been a half decent guy in Walmart. It’s making me rethink the time I spend in Indigo. But anyway, he’s gone, or maybe was an apparition, and I really wasn’t in best form having spent the last hour herding the aforementioned recalcitrant felines.

None of this is earth-shattering news of course, but Catherine called tonight and mentioned that she’d checked my blog and I hadn’t written lately. Remember, I was raised Catholic. Dammit, I owe the universe a post! Really, probably no one cares, but such is the nature of Catholicism: If shit happens, it’s all your fault. In fact, even if it doesn't happen, it's your fault. Amen.

No comments: