Thursday, May 26, 2005

Tag, I'm it (so are you if you're reading this)

The sound doesn't seem to be working on this computer, which sucks because I really wanted to hear the Rascal Flatts version of "God Bless the Broken Road". You know how I'm a sucker for good lyrics...

But perhaps more troubling is the new 'rewards program' at PetSmart and the ads on my Flickr photos page. Of course PetSmart just wants to keep track of what I buy so I can be sold to even better than before ("PetPerks" but don't be fooled, there's no coffee involved).

Flickr seems to have noted the tags on my pictures and slotted in some complimentary ads alongside, like "Venetian Hotel Deals" and "Deals on Caesar's Palace". Hmmm. I know, I know, there must be some catch for free hosting, but I feel a bit used. I guess I knew it would happen though.

But now that I think about it, there are ways that one can work this to one's culture jamming advantage, she says as she moves her pinky finger to the side of her mouth and laughs in a Dr. Evil sort of way....

No comments: