Thursday, July 28, 2005

Mirage in the Prairies: Timmy's, the Net, Water and Maybe a Password?

So tonight I'm off to Winnipeg with Alex, to be off to Swan River tomorrow, to be off to Birch River the next day for Paul and Julie's wedding (woohoo!). I'm only gone until Monday night, but I'm trying to figure out how I will survive, how I ever lived, without the internet and a Timmy's every 10 metres. Yes, it's a great and huge country we live in, but I've only ever really lived in the most lived parts and only occassionally visited the more spacious and off the trans-Canada places, mostly notably in 2000, when city girl here got some sort of heat stroke. No you can't just stop off to get a bottle of water at the corner store when there is no 'corner' for miles.

Having said that, the 2000 trip was a blast and I'm sure this will be too.

And I'm going to remember to keep some water in a cooler in the trunk this time.

I'm also going to try to audioblog, but at the moment I can't remember that password. It may come to me. We'll see.

No comments: