Saturday, July 16, 2005

Toaster oven, check; Tattoo, check

So a couple more things have come off my list in recent days. I think it's been about 6 years now that I've been saying I'd get a tattoo with Liz before I turned 3-oh. Now I have. You can see it in my flickr photos. It's three stars, which ties in nicely to my current musical theme..."when you wish upon a star", since I'll be spending some time in the magical land of Disney in August.

Oh and yes, I picked up a toaster oven today. The things are so under-rated. And they're less scary than an oven for people like me who are, well, afraid of ovens and their power.

But back to the tattoos. It's such an interesting subject. While we were there, a woman was getting a tattoo with a name with dates, kind of like a memoriam to someone that died. Based on the name, I'd guess it was a grandparent. It's so interesting why people get tattoos and why they choose what they do. Reminds me of that movie "Memento" where the amnesiac guy tattooed info all over his body to avoid forgetting things (I believe they were clues to his wife's murder--I liked the idea of the movie better than the actual movie itself so the details are a bit sketchy. And I saw it in 2001 when memory/brain issues became a touchy subject for me). Anyway, I suppose that's the same reason that this woman got her memorial tattoo. And I suppose that's the same for me too, but more as a reminder to myself, to remember who I am. To not lose sight of the fact that per aspera, ad astra.


And if you're interested in getting a tattoo, I recommend Wes from New Tribe.


For some reason flickr seems to be really screwed up right now, the 'badge' on the right side of the page can't seem to find my source pictures. Still, if you click on the link I have right above it, you'll see the tattoo. Or you can just click here.

No comments: