Sunday, July 24, 2005

Sundays, Blue Men and Yellow Jerseys

Ah, Lance Armstrong won the Tour de France and all is right with the world again. Okay, not really, but that's why we have sports and entertainment, to take us away from this tsunami-bombing-killing-poverty-death business. Yes, it's tragic, but I suspect even the people at CNN appreciate a little levity. And in the form of a 33 year old inspiration such as Lance (so long as he doesn't run for office), well, as I said, life is good.

Went to see the Blue Man Group last night. Quite honestly, it was the most bizarre theatre experience of my life. But then again, why not a little levity in the form of three mute guys painted blue eating marshmallows and dumping toilet paper all over you. I mean, if a couple hours of that leaves you offended or monstrously bothered, you have other problems buddy.

It's Sunday, and I have to work late tomorrow night and I have a marathon of a week to get ready for a marathon run to Birch River, Manitoba next weekend... But for now, it's still Sunday. And after all if Lance can do it all, than I can surely make this stage. I'm just going to take a nap in preparation for my run for the yellow jersey.

No comments: