Tuesday, March 29, 2005

If it wasn't my life, this would be so funny

So yesterday I had a bad day. There was a lot of screaming and wailing (not by me) and at the end I wanted a cigarette. I've never smoked a cigarette in my life, but this is the second time this has happened to me and I blame my mother. I know, not cool to blame the mother now, for various sociological and personal reasons but I think this is a fair one. I mean, where else would I get this idea that you smoke when you are stressed out. Really stressed out.

Needless to say, I am still weedless. How poetic. It took me, and is taking me, way too long to get over coca-cola and there's no way I'm starting down that road again with something new.

But anyway, so there was mayhem and in a strange way, it was like a comedy of errors. First one thing happens, then another unrelated thing, then another and soon you're running around in all directions. There's lots of noise and confusion. And if it was part of a sitcom, it might be hilarious. On stage it would be entertaining. At that moment it was not.

Definition: A comedy of errors is dramatic work (often a play) that is light and often humorous or satirical in tone and that usually contains a happy resolution of the thematic conflict.

So I have to figure out a way to turn it into something good. I'm working on that.

No comments: