Thursday, March 03, 2005

Lise Rambles on a Thursday, Slow News Day

It’s been awhile since I posted and I feel like I should throw something up here. I didn’t mean that in the sense of ‘regurgitate’, in case you were wondering. I’m still sort of working on my short story “Used as a Comparative” but after reading “No Crystal Stair” I’m plagued by doubt. Maybe it sucks. Maybe I should stick to the funny stuff that I always get good feedback on. But I can't seem to do funny fiction, only non-fiction. Dammit rock, bleed!

The problem is that one can’t really have any objectivity about oneself.

Today I have a bit of a headache. Something smells nice and I feel like eating. And I want to go to Las Vegas. Like right now would be good. But I’d like to change into jeans first.

Last night my mother asked me if I thought there was “something missing in my life”.

Yes. It’s Bobcaygeon. Metaphorically speaking, of course.
"cause it was in Bobcaygeon where I saw the constellations reveal themselves one star at a time"

And since we’re on the topic of lyrics, here’s an excerpt from “Man I Used to Be” from K-os that I really like. Some versions have reference to “no pile on your plane” but I think it makes more sense to say “no pilot on your plane”. If K-os meant pile, sorry buddy, but you put it out there, and I hear what I want to hear. If it can work for the Pope, why not me?

"I woke up in the morning
I took a trip to the corner store
That's when I heard my calling
But I'd never heard the voice of truth before
So I kept on walking
Pretended I didn't see
Walked by a window and my reflection said to me
You could try all the same
But you'll never know this mystery
There's no pilot on your plane
So you're not the man you used to be
Try all the game, but you'll never know this mystery
When your pilot has no plane
So you're not the man you used to be"

No comments: