Sunday, April 10, 2005

C is for Cookie, that's good enough for me...


Okay, let's be real, not sure how long this picture is going to stay up here because I look like shit, but right now I'm in that kind of mood. There is too much noise in my house right now. Too much confusion. It's another comedy of errors...like a previous post "if this wasn't my life it would be so funny." Obviously I need to manage stress better, but in the absence of valium, DQ will do.

Which reminds me, Cookie Monster has been overtaken by the politically correct police. I'm sorry, but when I was little, he was funny. And besides, you could tell he was just a puppet and not really eating cookies when all the mashed up cookie bits fell out of his mouth. It was just funny. *Sigh* things were all so innocent then.

So now I read on CNN that Cookie Monster will now be devouring vegetables (an anytime food) and only ocassionally enjoying his very namesake, cookies, now ghettoized as a sometimes food. But maybe we should be asking why Cookie Monster feels the need to eat cookies all the time in the first place. Did he not get enough love as a child? Does he feel his body image is vilified by the media? Does he feel alienated by the other folks on Sesame Street, I mean they do call him a Monster after all? How perfectly awful.

So yes, if Cookie Monster will learn about how cookies are a sometimes food, then obviously childhood obesity will be slayed. Okay, so it isn't really such a bad thing that kids learn how to eat healthy, but it just seems like such an over the top thing. I feel like my childhood is being invalidated! Don't get me wrong Sesame Street has done a lot of good work, especially for kids in the Middle East, but the whole thing makes me very sad.

Back to my DQ blizzard. Posted by Hello

No comments: