Sunday, November 20, 2005

Take Five

It's been like a marathon lately. And everyone knows that I have never trained for a marathon. This week will be a marathon, too, but with some good stuff thrown in for better balance. Rent the movie on Monday, and the Barenaked Ladies at Massey Hall on Friday.

The politics of work have been sort of overtaking things lately, but I've been able to be a bystander for most, luckily. I have not always had such restraint. Although for the stuff of late I have exercised restraint largely because circumstance has allowed me to, so I can't really say I have more willpower than before. But I am a bit more circumspect about it, I think. I can't tell you how many time I thought to myself, or said outloud, "I just want to do my job". And then go home.

Ah ha...and then go home, but I've done a lot of coming in early and working late.

Hopefully the fun stuff this week will be my reward.

Time to take five.

No comments: