Friday, January 20, 2006

Commercial Intent

That last one was just a test for Catherine. I never got around to deleting it before, and since I haven't gotten to it yet....well, it'll stay.

So the Conservative Party has an ad for BC only that superimposes Jack Layton's moustache on regular people while they say things like "I want higher gas prices". You can see it from here, just look for the one called "Jack Talk".

Aside from the fact that I don't think it's true, what they say about the NDP that is (and it's also not true what "they" say, at least to a lesser extent, about the Conservatives and the Liberals), where are the people crying out against this open discrimination against the mustachioed?!?!

I said "to a lesser extent" in parentheses up there because I'm a little weary when the Conservatives don't let some of their candidates see the light of day. One would suppose it's because under the light of day, and closer examination, they are just not so pretty and "evolved" as they might seem. Yes, being an evangelical Christian is a protected Charter right, but people have the right to know how you would vote about things. And hiding like that is, well, just plain suspicious. And it's okay to let him about because democracy may be sexy but it's so not pretty sometimes, but that's kinda what makes it sexy. It's a mess. That's what makes it what it is.

As for the Liberals, well, the attack ads against them talk about being under investigation for violating the trust of Canadians. I think that might be true, eh?

I noticed that someone has added a new sign among the mountain of others at a particular intersection on my way to work. It's a lovely coloured paper, hand made job that says simply "Apathetic". Funny thing is I don't think one could spend time making such a sign if one were truly apathetic. But it's entertaining.

No comments: