Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Integrity...

...is a hallmark of a character community...is something you should think about a lot if you work in the public sector...

I heard on CBC this morning that Coretta Scott King has died. I saw her once, in a church in downtown Toronto, it was probably about 1990 or 1991. I have to admit I had very little idea of who she was at the time. And believe it or not, I had never heard "We shall overcome" until I sang it that day. Since then I've watched the entire "I have a dream speech" and become teary thinking about how things were, and how things might have been if not for the restraint of people like Martin Luther King, and the strength lent to him by the people he trusted as his advisors.

And speaking of personal integrity...there goes Catherine, off to make it happen for herself...

No comments: