Thursday, February 02, 2006

360

Heaven! Anderson Cooper has a blog. Well it's sort of his blog, it's for his show really, which means other people associated with the show also post to it. But hey, I'll take what I can get *mwah*. Shit, I missed him on Oprah yesterday. If I'd actually made it out of work early like I planned I might have seen him.

I've spent some time back with The National this week and stumbled on a doc about Dr. Ranjit Chandra, formerly associated with Memorial University and apparently quite a spectacular cheat. And there was MUN washing it's hands of the whole problem. It's the journals that published his whimsical imaginations about immunization and nutrition in infants that are responsible to prove his theory wrong. Even though there's a mountain of evidence that, according to the CBC and his former nurse assistant, are patently untrue.

So, you might think that MUN is equally lenient on academic dishonesty when it comes to students. Come one, come all, to Memorial and copy your friends papers word for word, we don't care, you'll get a degree all the same?

What? They don't condone student plagiarism? Sounds like a double standard.... Oh wait, maybe they get more $$ from the researchers than they can bleed from the students. That explains it!

No comments: