Sunday, February 26, 2006

Only thing to do is go over the moon!

Yesterday afternoon Mom and I watched Rent on DVD. I love Rent. Probably not as much as Liz, but I certainly agree that it's a great story, with great music and a wonderful message, which I've written about here earlier. I had trouble keeping Mom awake watching it...I kept hollering over to her to watch my favourite part (Santa Fe) and Liz's (La Vie Boheme), and even though she was only here and there with it for most of the movie, in the end I had to get her a kleenex box. Yes, it's sad, but in the end, and I'm sure Liz would agree, it's a good cry, man. And the good cry is always worth it. Even the fourth time around (for me at least).

So I was thinking about Rent this morning, as well as my conversation with Liz yesterday, and my mochaccino and ice cream with Nancy last night and thinking about how incredibly flipping lucky I am to have such great friends. I mean, there I was a few months back telling Liz about how I was interested in seeing a bunch of plasticized dead bodies at the Science Centre and how many people would immediately say "COOL" to that? Of course, as you can see from the previous post, we went. And how great is it to fantasize with her about how much better things would be if she and I were in charge of things. Okay, I know it's not really that simple, but it always makes me feel so much better when we go down that road. And it was so great to tell Nancy about my crazy life last night and have her laugh out loud with me at all the ridiculous things, tease me about the silly things and sympathize with me about the strange and scary things.

I guess what I'm saying is that good friends can TOTALLY keep you sane. So thanks to Liz and Nancy for finishing my sentences, gently pushing me back in line when I need it and keeping me from drowning in the deep end on a regular basis. And my sympathies to those of you out there who don't have such great people in your lives yet.

No comments: