Tuesday, August 02, 2005

A breath of fresh air...

So if I decline to participate in the voluntary random security check at the Winnipeg airport, does it become a mandatory random security check? Don't worry, I'm not stupid enough to find out. At least they were nice about it. I assume that there chemical test of my baggage turned up what I expected--nothing beyond some traces of granola bars and a little dog drool--since I was allowed on the plane.

Between Alex and I, I figure we drove about 1200 km this past weekend. But it was all for good because Paul and Julie's wedding was the best. I managed to survive without internet access very well, mostly because I was either so busy or so exhausted to think about it. I have to say that Julie's family is the nicest group of people you could ever meet. They are so welcoming and are clearly such a caring group of people that I feel like I've known them forever. Frances, Julie's sister and wedding coordinator extraordinaire put together one wonderful event. As for the priest, well, if there were more like him I might actually be a practicing Catholic today. And Julie....well, when a person is that good to my grandparents, of course I'm gonna love her.

And Paul. I don't think I've ever seen him happier, more content, more at peace....ahhh, life is good, ya know?


I've got some pictures up in my flickr account. There's a link on the right side of the page. I'm going to try blogger's new posting feature to do some more here.


Special kudos go to the people at Enterprise Car Rental who kindly upgraded me to a Jeep (for free!) and stepped in for a quick fix when I needed it...quick. Also had a great time at the Swan River Super 8, a place where strangers wish you good morning and there's always an extra blanket.

No comments: