Monday, August 08, 2005

Flying bullsh*t, duck!....duck, goose?

So the federal government is working on a no-fly list. Except they call it 'passenger assessment'. On the one hand, I know you're thinking that this is great. Get the bad people off my flight. Yes for that. On the other hand, think about Maher Arar. And that pot growing guy in BC who despite not being a criminal in Canada is having his extradition to the US supported by the RCMP. Who gets on this list? And don't think I feel more comforted by this proposal that the Minister of Transport has the final say as to whether someone goes on the list. Geez, they can't even stop guns from getting across the border and those are tangible things. How do they plan on executing a search of your intentions?

No-fly article in the Globe
Pothead extradition
My post about Maher Arar
Guns in T.O.

Hey, wait a minute, how's about we get the US to extradite one of their gun runners to Canada?

And I'm one of the good guys, in case you need me to be super explicit about things. I hope not to be selected by your system of random incompetence (God help us, I hope that's all it is).

No comments: