Saturday, January 22, 2005

Happy Anniversary to my blog

Yay! It's officially one month since I started blogging.

And today, I'm thinking about coherence....

Cohere means...
cause to form a united, orderly, and aesthetically consistent whole, or
have internal elements or parts logically connected so that aesthetic consistency results

...at least in the sense I'm thinking about it. Once upon a time I would have stayed away from things such as blogging because the idea that people would find my thoughts about things to be inconsistent in some way drove me nuts. Maybe I would need to defend myself and I would find my positions indefensible. Now, I feel like I'm able to logically defend my positions and have solid reasons for the conclusions I reach about the world. I also feel less inclined to care about what other people think. Thank god for that one good thing that comes with age. Of course, I could also be wrong. But who cares? I'm allowed to be sometimes. I'm also allowed to change my mind.

So I guess the bottom line is that I care about what you think, but at the same time, I don't care enough to shake myself to the very core. Woo hoo, I'm able to have context. And perspective.

Perhaps if you find my ramblings incoherent and contradictory, you'll want to start your own blog. I may then point out that your thoughts are incoherent and contradictory. Whatever.

I recall once upon a time, I must have been less than 10 years old, standing in line in the hallway of my school waiting for something (can't remember what) and thinking about how I just couldn't imagine myself ever being in high school.

And now, later this year, I turn 30. High school graduate (and university too, gainfully employed).

Maybe there's inherent coherence is in the evolution of being the person you are becoming.

No comments: