Monday, January 31, 2005

The Way Back Machine, featuring 1980s Kids' TV

I'm obsessed today, trying to find the name of this show I watched in school when I lived in Regina. I can picture myself seeing it (on TV--VHS) in my Grade 5 classroom. It came up this morning because I'm working on something to help people write clearer recommendations in the their staff reports and I remembered this quote, which I now know to be from Rudyard Kipling's "The Elephant's Child":

I keep six honest serving men
(They taught me all I knew);
Their names are What and Why and When
And How and Where and Who.

This was one of the clues on the show. It was something about a group of kids, writing a newspaper, finding clues and solving mysteries, maybe time travel, and a bad guy named Dunedin. There was something about Dunedin anyway, because I remember later finding it interesting that this was also the name of the city where the Blue Jays went for spring training.

Yes, I have weird thought patterns.

If I figure it out, I'll let you know.

Remember Fraggle Rock too? And how one day the Fraggles stopped eating what the Doozers were constructing, thinking they were being harmful to the Doozers, then the Doozers wondering what they did wrong to the Fraggles that made them stop eating their constructions?

Mojo was almost Wembley, but since he didn't wemble it just wasn't going to work.

No comments: