Monday, January 17, 2005

Not really my first blog post ever!

So I was on another blog hosting site and decided I liked this one better. The first six posts, including this one, are re-published from my original blog.

"My First Blog Post...ever!"

Originally Posted on: Wed, Dec 22 2004 2:39 PM

So after an absence of 4 years or more from this great wannabe democratic abyss I have returned. The website, created in 1998, is still around, but I haven't updated it in forever.

I've heard of blogs a lot in the past year, and I'm literate, so hey why not. Surely my random rants on life and all things Lise (I am, after all, the only common denominator here) are just as good as some of the neanderthals out there. Yes, my goal is nothing less than enlightening the world, and getting my mother to read this. Not sure which will be more difficult.

Actually, I owe the final step in getting this underway to Todd Maffin who is a national technology reporter with CBC. You can read more about what he does at http://www.cbc.ca/nerd/-- I've mostly heard him on CBC Radio 1, but I see he does some work for CBC TV too. He recommended bloglines in one of his radio columns, and as you can see, also on his website.

Anyway, feel free to read my blog. Or not. That's the part about this democratic wannabe technology that is actually true to its word. The part that's not may have to do with the tres chere technology you are using to read this, or the mucho dineros you spend monthly to get hooked up. But that's for another post....

No comments: