Friday, September 09, 2005

Not Magic Moments, Tragic Moments! (place back of hand on forehead, tilt head back and sigh)

It's day 25 of the CBC lockout by Tod Maffin's count. For the first time I logged onto cbcunplugged.ca and found a wealth of information on the locked out employees. Looks to be about 30 blogs, at least, from some public, some anonymous figures on the side of those that are locked out. Hmmm. It's interesting when you screw with people who normally run the media... they know how to make things work to their advantage. While on the other side, listening to reruns of Disc Drive on the drive home just plain sucks. And I'm sorry Susan and that other guy who is hosting the morning show, but you just don't cut it.

Still, I hope to come home from NYC to find that this has all been resolved. But my backup plan is CIUT, which is turning out to be a pretty good alternative, even aside from the CBC Unlocked show.

But on to another tragic moment. I get approved for an RBC credit card. RBC sends me a letter to pick it up within ten days. I attempt to do so, only to be told (after spending 15 minutes finding a parking spot) "don't call us, we'll call you" when the card is in. Funny, the letter didn't mention anything about waiting for a phone call.

Here it is, 4 weeks after the original letter and, brace yourself, this is priceless, I get my first statement. And I still don't have the card. So tonight I phoned their lovely customer service number only to be told that they can't help me, I have to call the branch on Monday.

When I'm in NYC? I think not.

RBC, I am NOT impressed.

No comments: