Tuesday, September 13, 2005

On Tuesday Morning...

Well, I couldn't post yesterday from the Mac in the lobby, but now that I'm on a regular PC things seems to be working. So now I try to get my planned post from sympatico mail and I can't retrieve it to actually post it. Trust me, it was cute. I'll try again later. The title was "Ninjas killed my parents, need money for King Fu lessons".
Right now Liz is upstairs getting ready and we are about to head up to Harlem to do some serious shopping. After my last post, which at some point will be underneath this one, we went out for her birthday dinner at something which I think was called "El Rancho Grande". Great food (sour cream and guacamole, my faves) but I paid for it later. Or maybe it was just a cumulative effect.
After that we headed up to Rockefeller Centre, and after wandering around and finally asking an off-duty security guard, we think we found the place where people skate and the tree is up over the Christmas season. The statue is impressive. Then we walked back to Times Square and ended up in the Virgin Megastore. I picked up a CD that looked cool for 7.99. Something called "Miss Independent" or something, with a collection of some pretty good music that I otherwise wouldn't be bothered to download, but am glad to have.
By the way, the flight yesterday was unremarkable. Unfortunately. it's become unremarkable to watch everyone try to get there bags which should be check-in but they have forced to be carry-on, shove these huge bags into the overhead compartments. As Liz and I were on different flights, I checked her bags on my flight and it ended up being the two of about 15 checked bags in total.
Okay, so I'm going to surf, do a little people watching here next to the concierge, and try to recover that last post. Hopefully I'll be able to get on later after Harlem. Tonight is "Wicked" on Broadway.
Hi Mom!
Mr. and Mrs. W: I'm very fond of you too! :)

1 comment: