Monday, September 12, 2005

Parents killed by Ninjas, need money for Kung fu lessons

Arrived in the Big Apple and 70 Park Avenue Hotel. Nice place. Iespecially liked that they have laptops for guests use in the lobby. What sucks is that I can't enable java and cookies which prevents mefrom posting this directly to my blog. What you are seeing is a cutand paste of an email I sent to myself on the actual date above.So NYC has an interesting juxtaposition of the concept of service. Onthe one hand, it's over the top, like the guy that offered me wine as Isat down to type at this laptop. on the other hand, it's thecompletely disinterested staff at most coffee shops and stores. Theycould care less. They need a trip to Disney. Maybe I just have higherstandards now. Today is Lizzy's birthday, and as such, she chose the Olive Garden inTimes Square for lunch. Nice choice. And good service, from Frank, Ibelieve his name was. CBS was promoing the new season of Survivor inTimes Square and Liz got autographs from Ethan, Rupert (Arrrrghhh!),Jenna and Boston Rob. I got some pictures, which may or may not getposted to Flickr when I get back.Not much luck in the shopping area today. We went to Lane Bryant on34th and neither of us bought anything. I didn't even try anything on. Made a purchase at Sephora and Avenue. The Bath and Body Works wewere headed for was closed for renovations. And we missed Lush yetagain (sorry Jaimie, I was going to get you a picture). You'd think itwould be more noticable, we missed it last year as well.It would seem that tomorrow is the democratic primary for localpolitics here in NYC, the result being a potential mayor. We'll see. Also, it sounds like there's something going on at the UN. That's whatour Greek cab driver told us on the drive in from Laguardia. Trafficwas a bitch. Turns out he lived in Toronto for three years in the1970s before moving here. It's a small world after all...By the way, the title refers to a sign froom a panhandler we saw today. I thought it was creative enough to deserve the title for today'spost.Until tomorrow.....or whenever.

No comments: